Child and family benefits
Apply for child and family benefits
- Automated benefits application is a joint partnership between the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and the Vital Statistics Agency (VSA) of the participating province/territory. If you give your consent on the provincial/territorial birth registration form, do not reapply for your child's benefits using the CRA online service or Form RC66, Canada Child Benefits Application.
Apply for child benefits online
and you can do all of the following at the same time:
- apply for the Canada child tax benefit (CCTB) and related provincial and territorial benefits;
- register children for the goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit and related provincial programs; and
- enrol for the universal child care benefit (UCCB).
- Forms and publications - Child and family benefits To find a form or publication relating to the CCTB, UCCB and the GST/HST credit.
Other useful links
National child benefit
Information about the National child benefit supplement.
Child disability benefit
Information on eligibility, applying, payment dates.
Child and family benefits calculator
To estimate payments that you may be entitled to receive, you can use our calculators.
Questions and answers
Information on number of payments and amounts issued monthly for benefits.
Balance owing – Benefits overpayment
Information on how to pay your debt if you owe money for your child and family benefits.
Where to mail your forms
Find out the mailing address of the tax centre where you need to send your child and family benefits forms and documents.
Related Web sites
Links to other useful government sites.
The level of service that you can expect from the Canada Revenue Agency.
Submitting documents electronically
How to send documents electronically.
- Date modified: