Child and family benefits
Apply for child and family benefits
- Automated benefits application is a joint partnership between the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and the Vital Statistics Agency (VSA) of the participating province/territory. If you give your consent on the provincial/territorial birth registration form, do not reapply for your child's benefits using the CRA online service or Form RC66, Canada Child Benefits Application.
- Apply for child benefits online and you can do all of the following at the same time:
- apply for the Canada child tax benefit (CCTB) and related provincial and territorial benefits;
- register children for the goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit and related provincial programs; and
- enrol for the universal child care benefit (UCCB).
- Forms and publications - Child and family benefits To find a form or publication relating to the CCTB, UCCB and the GST/HST credit.
Other useful links
- National child benefit
Information about the National child benefit supplement.
- Child disability benefit
Information on eligibility, applying, payment dates.
- Child and family benefits calculator
To estimate payments that you may be entitled to receive, you can use our calculators.
- Marital status
Questions and answers
- Benefits statistics
Information on number of payments and amounts issued monthly for benefits.
- Balance owing – Benefits overpayment
Information on how to pay your debt if you owe money for your child and family benefits.
- Where to mail your forms
Find out the mailing address of the tax centre where you need to send your child and family benefits forms and documents.
- Related Web sites
Links to other useful government sites.
- Service standards
The level of service that you can expect from the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Submitting documents electronically
How to send documents electronically.
- Date modified: