The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) maintains a searchable list of Canadian charities called the Charities Listings, which can be used to:
- confirm whether a charity is registered under the Income Tax Act and is therefore eligible to issue official donation receipts; and
- view a charity's contact information and Registered Charity Information Return, which includes financial information and activities.
- To search for other organizations that can issue official donation receipts, go to Other qualified donees listings.
- Complementing the Charities Listings is Charity Focus, a tool that was developed by Imagine Canada in partnership with the CRA. It provides an in-depth year-to-year comparison of a charity’s financial information. Charities can also upload documents such as mission statements, program information, annual reports, and financial statements.
- The Charities Listings Search function does not support searches using automated scripts. Instead, request an electronic version of the results.
Use the Charity Quick View to display a summary of the Registered Charity Information Return filed by charities for a fiscal period ending on or after December 1, 2010. The Full View feature remains available for all charities. For more information, go to Information for Charity Quick View users.
Quick View - A display that provides a summary of a registered or revoked charity's activities, revenues, and expenditures
Full View - A detailed display of a registered or revoked charity's activities, revenues, and expenditures
How else can I obtain Charities Listings information?
- download the data; or
- request an electronic version by calling 613-946-2412 or toll free 1-877-442-2899, or by sending an email to charitylistings-ListeBienfaisance@cra-arc.gc.ca.
- Date modified: