The Charities Listings can be used to:
- confirm if a Canadian charity is registered and therefore eligible to issue official donation receipts
- view a charity's contact information and information return
To search for other organizations that can issue official donation receipts, go to Other qualified donees listings.
Complementing the Charities Listings is Charity Focus, a tool that was developed by Imagine Canada in partnership with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). It provides an in-depth year-to-year comparison of a charity’s financial information. Charities can also include other information such as mission statements, program information, annual reports, and financial statements.
Other ways to get Charities Listings information
- by email: charitylistings-ListeBienfaisance@cra-arc.gc.ca
- by phone: 613-946-2412 or 1-877-442-2899
The CRA strives to ensure that only organizations meeting the requirements are registered. While most organizations operate within the rules, the CRA cannot fully monitor every one, and changing circumstances in an organization’s operations may affect its continued eligibility for registration. Registration should not be viewed as proof of an organization’s credibility. The CRA encourages donors to learn more about donating wisely.
Guides and help
Related services and information
- Complaints or concerns about registered charities
- How to get information about a charity
- Other qualified donees listings
- Date modified: