The information in the Charities Listings is updated each business day.
The public can use the listings to:
- confirm if a Canadian charity is registered, revoked, annulled, penalized, or suspended to help guide their donation decisions
- view a charity's contact information, general activities, and financial information including the public portions of a charity’s annual information return
Charities can use the listings to:
- confirm their registration for those that may require this information
- review their contact information and the information filed on their annual returns to ensure it is accurate
To search for other organizations that can issue official donation receipts, go to Other qualified donees listings.
Other ways to get Charities Listings information
- by Charities Listings request form
- by phone: 1-877-442-2899
The CRA strives to ensure that only organizations meeting the requirements are registered. While most organizations operate within the rules, the CRA cannot fully monitor every one, and changing circumstances in an organization’s operations may affect its continued eligibility for registration. Registration should not be viewed as proof of an organization’s credibility. The CRA encourages donors to learn more about donating wisely.
Guides and help
Related services and information
- Complaints or concerns about registered charities
- How to get information about a charity
- Other qualified donees listings
- Date modified: