Contact the Charities Directorate
Client service representatives:
- give general information about registered charities
- confirm whether an organization is a registered charity
- handle requests for public documents such as a registered charity’s annual information return and financial statements
- give information on how to apply for registration and how to fill out the application (Form T2050)
- give information to registered charities on how to issue official donation receipts and how to fill out the annual information return (Form T3010)
- give guidance to registered charities on changing their legal name, purposes, activities, and more
If you are looking for information about a specific charity or want to make an information request, go to How to get information about a charity.
You can contact a representative Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays) between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., local time:
By TTY service for people with a hearing or speech impairment:
You can also contact the Charities Directorate by fax or mail:
613-954-8037 (Client Service)
613-954-2586 (Director General’s office)
613-952-6020 (Assessment and Determinations)
613-946-2423 (Corporate and Information Programs)
613-948-1320 (Policy, Planning, and Legislation)
Canada Revenue Agency
Ottawa ON K1A 0L5
Complaints or concerns about registered charities
If you have questions about a charity’s T3010 return, contact the charity directly.
If you have a complaint or a concern about a charity, you can:
- email CharitiesComplianceDivisi.LPRA@cra-arc.gc.ca
- call a Client service representative at 1-800-267-2384
Tell the Charities Directorate:
- the name of the charity
- the charity's registration number, if available
- detailed information to support your complaint or concern
We review all complaints and concerns and will keep your identity confidential. We make our actions public only when they lead to the charity being:
Comments on policies and guidance
Your opinion counts
If you have comments or suggestions to improve the Charities Directorate's policies and guidance products or if you want to comment on a policy or guidance that is up for consultation, we would like to hear from you. Go to Consultation and feedback on policies and guidance.
If you have comments that you would like to share, go to Comments about our website.
If you are not satisfied with the service that you receive from the Canada Revenue Agency, you can make a complaint. Go to Make a service complaint.
To receive updates when new information is added to our webpages, you can:
- Subscribe to the "Charities and giving - What's new" electronic mailing list.
- Add the "Charities and giving - What's new" RSS feed to your feed reader.
- Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency.
You can also visit our YouTube Channel for charities-related videos.
- Date modified: