Contact the Charities Directorate
Client service representatives:
- give general information about registered charities
- give information on how to apply for registration and how to fill out the application (Form T2050)
- give information to registered charities on how to issue official donation receipts and how to fill out the annual information return (Form T3010)
- give guidance to registered charities on changing their legal name, purposes, activities, and more
If you are looking for information about a specific charity or want to make an information request, go to How to get information about a charity.
You can contact a representative Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays) between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., local time:
By TTY service for people with a hearing or speech impairment:
You can also contact the Charities Directorate by fax or mail:
613-954-8037 (Client Service)
613-954-2586 (Director General’s office)
613-952-6020 (Assessment and Determinations)
613-946-2423 (Corporate and Information Programs)
613-948-1320 (Policy, Planning, and Legislation)
Canada Revenue Agency
Ottawa ON K1A 0L5
Complaints or concerns about registered charities
If you have questions about a charity’s T3010 return, contact the charity directly.
If you have a complaint or a concern about a charity, contact the National Leads Centre:
Office hours: 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Eastern time
National Leads Centre
Business Intelligence and Quality Assurance Division
Canada Revenue Agency
200 Town Centre Court
Scarborough ON M1P 4Y3
When submitting a complaint or a concern to the National Leads Centre, please give:
- the name of the charity
- the charity's registration number, if available
- detailed information to support your complaint or concern
Neither the Charities Directorate nor the National Leads Centre will give feedback or updates on any complaint they receive. All complaints and concerns are reviewed and your identity is kept confidential. The Directorate’s actions are only made public when they lead to the charity being one of the following:
Comments on policies and guidance
Your opinion counts
If you have comments or suggestions to improve the Charities Directorate's policies and guidance products or if you want to comment on a policy or guidance that is up for consultation, we would like to hear from you. Go to Consultation and feedback on policies and guidance.
If you have comments that you would like to share, go to Comments about our website.
If you are not satisfied with the service that you receive from the Canada Revenue Agency, you can make a complaint. Go to Make a service complaint.
To receive updates when new information is added to our webpages, you can:
- Subscribe to the "Charities and giving - What's new" electronic mailing list.
- Add the "Charities and giving - What's new" RSS feed to your feed reader.
- Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency.
You can also visit our YouTube Channel for charities-related videos.
- Date modified: