Provision of Information
June 9, 2003
Information (provision of)
The courts have held that an organization established to provide information to the public of selected items of information and opinion is not advancing education in the charitable sense.
- Guidance CG-019, How to Draft Purposes for Charitable Registration
- Policy Commentary CPC-027, Publishing a Magazine
- Summary Policy CSP-C09, Charitable Activities
- Summary Policy CSP-C10, Purposes Beneficial to Community
- Summary Policy CSP-E01, Advancing Education
- Summary Policy CSP-P06, Public Benefit
- Summary Policy CSP-P08, Controversial Issues
- Guide T4063, Registering a Charity for Income Tax Purposes
- Action des Femmes Handicapées (Montréal) v. Canada (Minister of National Revenue), 1998-06-23.
- Briarpatch Inc. v. Canada,  3 F.C. null.
- Child Search v. Canada (Minister of National Revenue), 1999-10-06.
- Positive Action Against Pornography v. Minister of National Revenue,  2 F.C. 340.
- Vancouver Regional FreeNet Assn. v. M.N.R. (C.A.), 1 3 F.C. 880.
- Vancouver Society of Immigrant and Visible Minority Women v. Minister of National Revenue,  1 S.C.R. 10.
- Date modified: