Is registration right for you?
- Make an informed decision
Take the mini quiz to see if registration is right for you. Check out other options
- Registered charity vs. non-profit organization
Definitions and examples
- Advantages of registration
Official donation receipts, tax advantages
- Obligations of registration
Annual return, spending requirement, books and records
- Consequences of terminating registration (voluntarily)
Changing your mind after registration
- Consequences of not meeting the obligations for registration (non-compliance)
Sanctions and revocation
The following websites can assist you. They have been developed by organizations in partnership with the Canada Revenue Agency to provide education and training for registered charities and those that seek to become registered.
- Date modified: