Continuance (transition) checklist
Registered charities that have completed the transition to the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act should use this form to submit documents to the Charities Directorate.
Charity name: ______________________________
Charity registration number: ___________________
Please find attached:
- A copy of the Certificate of Continuance
- A copy of Form 4031, Articles of Continuance (transition)
- A list of current directors (if amended)
- A copy of the current by-laws, certified by 2 directors with an effective date (if amended)
- A statement of current activities (if required)
- Other ________________________________________________________
Changes to purposes (objects)
The purposes of the charity in Form 4031, Articles of Continuance (transition):
- are exactly the same as those contained in the previous incorporation document.
- have been changed and the proposed changes have been previously approved by the Charities Directorate.
- have been changed using the CRA’s Model purposes (be sure to include a statement of activities in this case).
- have been changed and have not been previously approved by the Charities Directorate (be sure to include a statement of activities in this case).
Contact person: ______________________________________________________
Position in the charity: _________________________________________________
- Date modified: