T3010 charity return – After you file
Registered Charity Information Return Summary
You will receive a Registered Charity Information Return Summary after we process your T3010 return. The summary shows the following financial information declared and, if necessary, recalculated by us:
- total assets
- total liabilities
- total revenue
- total expenditures
Compare the amounts on the summary to the amounts you entered on the return. If the numbers do not agree, contact the Charities Directorate.
Your return is available on the Charities Listings. You are responsible to make sure that your return is correct. If you notice an error, see the following section on how to amend the return. Do not file another return for the same year.
How to amend the return
Complete Form T1240, Registered Charity Adjustment Request for each return that you need to correct. Make sure you enter the fiscal period-end on each form. The form must be signed by a representative of your charity that the Charities Directorate has on file.
How to amend other forms filed with the return
Complete Form T1240, Registered Charity Adjustment Request and attach an amended form (for example, Form T1235 or Form T1236).
You can also send us a written request to correct the information. Date the letter and include the printed name and signature of a representative of your charity that the Charities Directorate has on file.
Keep copies of the Form T1240 and any revised summaries we send you with your books and records.
Address and fax number
Canada Revenue Agency
Ottawa ON K1A 0L5
- Form T3010, Registered Charity Information Return
- Form T1235, Directors/Trustees and Like Officials Worksheet
- Form T1236, Qualified Donees Worksheet / Amounts provided to other organizations
- Registered Charity Basic Information Sheet (TF725)
Guides and help
- T3010 checklist – how to avoid common mistakes when filing your return
- T4033 Completing the Registered Charity Information Return
- T2082 Excess Corporate Holdings Regime for Private Foundations
- List of companies authorized to produce customized forms
- Contact the Charities Directorate
Related services and information
- Charities and giving – Alphabetical index of topics
- Information available to the public from a registered charity’s T3010 return
- Changing a charity's address, phone number, or contact person
- Changing a charity’s authorized representative information
- Changing a charity’s director, trustee, or like official information
- Date modified: