Toolbox for directors, officers, and volunteers
In an effort to help registered charities understand and meet their requirements and obligations, the Charities Directorate has assembled a page of key resources for directors, officers and volunteers. These resources will help individuals within the charity who manage day to day operations, familiarize themselves with important information required to maintain their charitable registration.
- Basic Guidelines for Maintaining Charitable Registration (Checklist)
- Links to important information on the Charities and giving webpages
- Maintaining charitable registration (Resource manual)
- My Business Account
- Sample official donation receipts
The following websites can assist you. They have been developed by organizations in partnership with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to provide education and training for registered charities and those that seek to become registered. Although some content is province-specific, the majority of information applies to all registered charities.
To receive updates when new information is added to our webpages, you can:
- Subscribe to the "Charities and giving - What's new" electronic mailing list.
- Add the "Charities and giving - What's new" RSS feed to your feed reader.
- Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency.
You can also visit our YouTube Channel for charities-related videos.
- Date modified: