Supply Chain Management Apprenticeship Program (SCMAP)
The Supply Chain Management Apprenticeship Program (SCMAP) is an exciting apprenticeship program aimed at recruiting supply chain management professionals.
This program offers:
- challenging developmental assignments that allow the participants to develop their technical competencies and their abilities, as well as to adopt expected organizational behaviours;
- a detailed description of the training and knowledge offered through the mandatory and recommended courses for each phase of development;
- performance evaluations and ongoing feedback from participants' managers and mentors;
- networking with other participants and senior Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) managers; and
- promotions within the apprenticeship program.
SCMAP participants will get on-the-job training during work assignments. They will have challenging assignments in the major supply chain business lines, namely: procurement and contracting, warehousing, assets management, disposal of assets, vehicle control and maintenance, and compliance and business practices and policies related to supplies. Formal classroom training is offered at every stage of the program and focuses on the above subjects as well as project management and CRA's automated systems.
The program is 36 to 48 months long and involves three to six assignments. Participants enter at the SP04 level as a contracting officer. After they are evaluated, they are promoted to the SP06 level as a supply business analyst and then to the SP07 level as an intermediate supply business analyst. They finish the program at the SP08 senior supply business analyst.
The education requirement is any degree from a recognized postsecondary institution or a 3-year diploma from a recognized college in business administration, commerce, economics, materiel management, e-business, logistics, or another specialization relevant to the position.
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad are eligible to apply to the SCMAP. Interested individuals are encouraged to visit the CRA job opportunities regularly for the job posting for this program. Applicants must use the on-line application to apply.
Note: Given the investment made by CRA in this program, potential applicants need to be aware that the CRA expects them to remain in the program for its duration and to later apply their acquired technical competencies as employees of the CRA.
The CRA thanks all applicants for taking the time to submit an application. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Director of Contracting by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Date modified: