Student and graduate hiring
Are you a self-motivated team player who is ready to gain some practical experience in the workforce?
The CRA is looking for people like you to fill a variety of exciting and challenging positions in audit, human resources, information technology, and more.
Why choose the CRA? The CRA:
- is flexible with work hours and has no problem catering to your class schedule.
- offers advancement opportunities.
- has opportunities across Canada.
- is one of Canada's top employers for young people—for the third year in a row!
How to apply to student jobs
The CRA hires students during the summer and throughout the school year through three programs:
- Co-operative Education Program or an Internship Program (CO-OP/Internship Program)
Are you enrolled in a CO-OP/Internship program? The CRA hires students through the Public Service Commission. Contact your school’s program coordinator to find out whether you can apply for an assignment with the CRA.
- The Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP is the main program the CRA uses to hire non-CO-OP/Internship students throughout the year. See FSWEP to apply now.
- Aboriginal Student Employment Program (ASEP)
One of the CRA's most important values is having a workforce that shows employment equity and diversity. ASEP is the initiative the CRA uses to recruit and develop eligible Aboriginal high school and post-secondary students.
By selecting the "Aboriginal" check box on your FSWEP application, you will be considered for the ASEP, so follow the link to apply now!
Student rates of pay
The CRA uses the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat's student rates of pay, which are also used by the entire federal public service.
The CRA hires graduates for a wide range of entry-level positions and apprenticeship or developmental programs. Entry-level positions that are open to graduates as well as the general public are posted as they become available and can be found on the Search jobs page. Check this site regularly for opportunities and apply online.
We also post a number of apprenticeship or developmental programs for graduates at various times throughout the year, including:
- Auditor Development Program (AU-DEV)
- Information Technology Apprenticeship Program (ITAP)
- Supply Chain Management Apprenticeship Program (SCMAP)
- Date modified: