Filing Information Returns Electronically (T4/T5 and other types of returns)

The applications for Internet filing of information returns are available as of January 6, 2014.

Need a Web access code?

Changes for 2014

Web Access Code

You no longer need to wait for the CRA to mail you a letter giving you a new Web access code to file your T4, T5 or other information returns electronically. The code you used to file your 2012 information return is the same code you will use to file your 2013 and future returns.

Removal of the T4 and T1204 desktop applications

The CRA no longer provides the T4 and T1204 desktop applications. Users of these applications can file with our convenient Web Forms or Internet File Transfer applications.

New form types

As of January 2014 the CRA will allow the following additional form types to be captured electronically:

  • T5013-FIN Partnership Financial Return
  • T5013 - Partnership Information Return
  • Pooled Registered Pension Plan Information Return
  • RRSP and RRIF Non-Qualified Investments Information Return

For more information on which method to use to file your information return see; Which option should I use to file my information return?

Electronic Mailing list

To get email updates about electronic filing, see Electronic Filing of Information Returns.

Date modified: