Changes in your business may result in changes to the data you provided to us at the time you applied for, or last renewed your participation in, electronic filing
An account maintenance option is available to all registered users of EFILE.
If you are a discounter, you must also contact the Discounter and e-Services Projects Section at 613-941-8864 to advise them of changes to the information you previously provided for discounting purposes.
To modify your account information for electronic filing, log in with your EFILE Number and password and select "Maintain account" on the resulting webpage.
When you maintain your account, you will see your current EFILE account information. Since we use this information to contact you throughout the year, please ensure that the following information is current:
- mailing address;
- EMAIL address;
- contact person;
- telephone number with the extension; and
- fax number.
The system will verify the submitted form and will generate error messages, if applicable. Make any required corrections, and resubmit the form. Once the form has been accepted and your account updated, the system will display a confirmation page, similar to the following example.
EFILE account maintenance – confirmation
Date/Time: 2016/09/19 1:53:24 PM
No changes were made to your EFILE account.
EFILE number: Z0000
Business Name: GO GO
Email address: abc@aaa.CA
0 RIVERSIDE DR
- Contact the Shawinigan EFILE Helpdesk at 1-800-265-6201, should you have any questions.
- Check out the What's New page on the CRA's EFILE Web site at cra.gc.ca/efile for important information, updates, and links to resources available to you.
- Important messages are regularly communicated to inform you of any system changes, maintenance schedules, filing deadlines, suitability screening status, and significant issues from other areas within the agency.
- Check your email programs to ensure that spam filters, junk mailboxes, firewalls, etc. are not configured such that they prevent you from receiving the tax messages. This occurs when your computer identifies the incoming emails from EFILE-TED "email@example.com" as spam and dumps them into a junk folder.
- Form T183, Information Return for Electronic Filing of an Individual's Income Tax and Benefit Return must be completed and signed by the taxpayer prior to transmission of the return.
Although most fields on the update form can be modified as necessary, a limited number of fields cannot. Changes to these fields are considered significant enough to require a new application and a new EFILE number and password. The fields that cannot be revised are as follows:
- Name of proprietorship, partnership, or corporation;
- Business number;
- Business type;
- Federal partnership identification number; and
- Name of business official or principle owner.
If your business has undergone one or more of the following changes, you must submit a new application:
- a business is sold;
- a business's organizational structure, partnership composition, or controlling interest changes;
- branch sites or managing offices are added;
- names of firms or business names change; or
- partners or corporate officers change.
Contact your EFILE Helpdesk if you need more information about your specific situation. If you do submit a new application, contact your EFILE Helpdesk and ask them to cancel your existing EFILE number and password.
- Date modified: