Frequently asked questions
- How do I access GST/HST NETFILE?
- What are the benefits of using GST/HST NETFILE?
- Is GST/HST NETFILE secure and confidential?
- Do I still have to send a paper form if I use GST/HST NETFILE?
- If I file using GST/HST NETFILE, when does the CRA consider it to be received?
1. How do I access GST/HST NETFILE?
If you are eligible to use GST/HST NETFILE, access the online form through the Ready to file page and enter your information.
You can also access GST/HST NETFILE by selecting the "File a return" option in My Business Account.
2. What are the benefits of using GST/HST NETFILE?
GST/HST NETFILE is fast, easy to use, and available seven days a week. The service reduces processing time and ends the need to mail a paper return or rebate (if applicable), resulting in faster refunds.
3. Is GST/HST NETFILE secure and confidential?
Yes. We use sophisticated encryption technology and security procedures to protect your personal information at all times. However, while we have made every possible effort to ensure the safety and integrity of transactions at our Web site, the Internet is a public network and therefore is outside our control.
4. Do I still have to send a paper form if I use GST/HST NETFILE?
If you file your return using GST/HST NETFILE, do not send us a paper copy of your return or rebate.
However, if you are including a rebate amount on your return and did not file the corresponding rebate form electronically, you must mail the rebate application form(s) to the applicable tax centre for separate processing. The tax centre should receive the form(s) on or before the due date of your return.
After we have processed your return (and any applicable rebates), we may contact you for more information, so keep all supporting documents for six years. This applies whether you file on paper or electronically.
5. If I file using GST/HST NETFILE, when does the CRA consider it to be received?
We consider a return and eligible rebates that you file using GST/HST NETFILE to be received as soon as we send you a confirmation number.
- Date modified: