Frequently asked questions
Using the service
- What is my access code?
- Will my access code be the same for each filing period?
- Can I change my access code?
- Are there any helpful hints on how to use the service?
- What happens to my return after I have filed it using GST/HST Internet File Transfer?
- Can I use GST/HST Internet File Transfer to change a return that I've already filed?
- Where can I call for help?
1. What is my access code?
Your access code is a four-digit number printed on the electronic filing instruction package (Form GST34-3) or the personalized return (Form GST34-2) that you received in the mail.
2. Will my access code be the same for each filing period?
3. Can I change my access code?
4. Are there any helpful hints on how to use the service?
Completing your GST/HST return online is as straightforward as completing a paper return. Here are some things to know about filing your return:
- review the checklist of items on the Ready to file page before you begin filing your return;
- enter all amounts in Canadian funds;
- if you end your filing session before confirming that you want to file your return, the information you entered will not be saved; and
- after you successfully file your return, we will send you a confirmation number that you should print and keep with your records.
5. What happens to my return after I have filed it using GST/HST Internet File Transfer?
Once you submit and send the .tax file, you will immediately receive a six-digit confirmation number and we will start to process your return. Print the page with your confirmation number and keep it with your records.
Returns filed using GST/HST Internet File Transfer are reviewed like all other returns. You should keep your working copy for your records. It and any other information you use to prepare your return are subject to audit and must be retained for verification purposes.
6. Can I use GST/HST Internet File Transfer to change a return that I've already filed?
Returns can only be adjusted electronically using the My Business Account (MyBA) portal. If you do not already have a MyBA user ID and password, you can create one at My Business Account.
If you are not registered with MyBA, send your adjustment request, in writing, to your tax centre.
7. Where can I call for help?
If you have any questions on GST/HST Internet File Transfer, call our helpdesk at 1-877-322-7849. For all other business enquiries, call 1-800-959-5525.
- Date modified: