Submitting your request
You or your authorized representative should fill out Form RC4288, Request for Taxpayer Relief - Cancel or Waive Penalties or Interest to make a request to cancel penalties or interest. You can also write a letter marked “Taxpayer Relief”.
For more details on supporting documents required, go to Information you must include with your request.
You or your authorized representative can submit your request to cancel penalties or interest and all supporting documents:
- online at My Account, My Business Account, or Represent a Client, by selecting the “Submit documents” service; or
- by mail at one of the designated offices below.
For more information on the Submit Documents online service, go to Submit documents online.
- British Columbia and Yukon
Vancouver Tax Services Office
9755 King George Boulevard
Surrey BC V3T 5E1
- Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut
Winnipeg Tax Centre
66 Stapon Road
Winnipeg MB R3C 3M2
- Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador
Summerside Tax Centre
275 Pope Road
Summerside PE C1N 6A2
Shawinigan-Sud Tax Centre
4695 Shawinigan-Sud Boulevard
Shawinigan QC G9P 5H9
- Non-resident or international taxpayers
(individual, corporation, trust, and part XIII and non-resident withholding accounts)
International and Ottawa Tax Services Office
P.O. Box 9769, Station T
Ottawa ON K1G 3Y4
For all other non-resident accounts, e.g., GST/HST, payroll, excise taxes, other levies, and excise duties, send your request to the designated office that serves your business.
Form and publications
- RC4288, Request for Taxpayer Relief - Cancel or Waive Penalties or Interest
- IC07-1, Taxpayer Relief Provisions
- 16-3, GST/HST - Cancellation or Waiver of Penalties and/or Interest
- Form T1013, Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative
- Form RC59, Business Consent
- Cancel or waive penalties or interest
- Late, amended, or revoked elections
- Refund or reduce the amount payable beyond the normal three-year period
- Authorize or cancel a representative
- Authorize a business representative
- Date modified: