How to change your address
If you move, give us your new address as soon as possible.
Log on to My Account.
Click Change my address.
By mail or fax
Send to your tax centre:
- a completed Form RC325, Address change request or
- a signed letter
In your letter include your:
- social insurance number
- new address
- moving date
To change someone else's address, including your spouse's or common-law partner's:
- Include their social insurance number
- Have them sign the letter authorizing the change to their new address
Why is it important?
If you give us your new address, you can avoid delays in benefit payments you may be receiving, such as the:
- GST/HST credit (including those from certain related provincial payments)
- universal child care benefit
- Canada child tax benefit payments (including those from certain related provincial or territorial programs) and
- working income tax benefit (WITB) advance payments
Your personal information is confidential, so we will usually not give your new address to other government departments or Crown corporations such as Canada Post. The exception is Elections Canada, if you gave us your authorization by answering "Yes" to both Elections Canada questions on page one of your return. Contact other departments or organizations directly to give them your new address.
Forms and publications
- Date modified: