How to change your address

If you move, give us your new address as soon as possible.


If you have registered with the My Account service, you can change your address by going to
My Account.

Click Change my address.

By mail or fax

Send to your tax centre:

In your letter include your:

  • social insurance number
  • new address
  • moving date

To change someone else's address, including your spouse's or common-law partner's:

  • Include their social insurance number
  • Have them sign the letter authorizing the change to their new address

By phone

Before you call, consult the Getting or changing personal tax information section.

Call 1-800-959-8281.

Why is it important?

If you give us your new address, you can avoid delays in benefit payments you may be receiving, such as the:


Your personal information is confidential, so we will usually not give your new address to other government departments or Crown corporations such as Canada Post. The exception is Elections Canada, if you gave us your authorization by answering "Yes" to both Elections Canada questions on page one of your return. Contact other departments or organizations directly to give them your new address.


Forms and publications

Date modified: