Get your tax and benefit correspondence online—instead of in the mail!
Start getting your mail from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) online. It’s the fast, easy, and secure way to manage your correspondence! When you register for online mail, you’ll receive some correspondence such as your notice of assessment and benefit notices online, and we’ll stop sending you paper copies in the mail.
To access your online mail, you must be registered for My Account, the CRA's secure online service for individuals. We will send you an email notification when there is mail for you to view in My Account.
You can register for online mail in one of the following ways:
- Include your email address on your 2015 income tax and benefit return – either online, on paper, or through your tax representative – and you’ll be automatically registered.
- Register for My Account (or log in if you’re already registered) and select the “Manage online mail” option.
- Log into the MyCRA mobile app, click on “Manage online mail”, and enter your email address.
- Contact the Individual Income Tax and Trust Enquiries line by telephone at 1-800-959-8281.
More than just getting your mail online, being registered for My Account means you can: check the status of your return, change your address, view your personalized benefit and credit information, check your RRSP and TFSA limits, print your proof of income (Option ‘C’ print), and more!
You can also use My Account to protect yourself against fraud. Have you received a call from someone claiming to be from the CRA, stating that you owe money, or are eligible for a refund? Check your account balance in My Account to help you determine if the call was from the CRA.
To learn more and register, go to cra.gc.ca/myaccount.
To receive updates when new information is added to our website, you can:
- Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency
- Subscribe to a CRA electronic mailing list
- Add our RSS feeds to your feed reader
You can also visit our YouTube Channel for tax-related videos.
- Date modified: