Take notice: Your tax information just got clearer!
Did you know?
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is redesigning its external correspondence, including the Notice of Assessment (NOA) for individuals, following an extensive evaluation completed in the fall of 2014. Focusing on how the notices are structured, designed, formatted, and written, the CRA has made changes to make the information easier to read and understand.
What does this mean for you?
Starting in February 2016, the CRA will begin sending a new, simple, and easy to read NOA. The re-designed NOA will have the most important information on the first page, set out in a clear and simple format.
How has the NOA improved?
- The most important information is clearly displayed with the account summary on the first page.
- The text is easier to understand and includes only the most important information.
- Additional CRA services, you may be interested in, are highlighted. This includes online services, Direct Deposit, My Account, and help for persons with hearing or visual impairments such as operator-assisted relay service.
Did you know that you can also access your NOA through the My Account self-service portal, as well as the MyCRA mobile app? Through the app, you can view your tax assessment information anytime, anywhere.
The simplified NOA is part of the Government of Canada’s commitment to make the CRA more client-focused and more helpful by improving the ways the CRA communicates with Canadians.
To receive updates when new information is added to our website, you can:
- Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency
- Subscribe to a CRA electronic mailing list
- Add our RSS feeds to your feed reader
You can also visit our YouTube Channel for tax-related videos.
- Date modified: