The Pooled Registered Pension Plan (PRPP)
A PRPP is a new kind of deferred income plan designed to provide retirement income for employees and self-employed individuals who do not have access to a workplace pension.
Because individuals assets will be pooled, the PRPP will offer investment and savings opportunities at lower administration costs. An individual can be enrolled in a PRPP by his or her employer, if the employer chooses to participate in the plan. A self-employed individual and an individual whose employer chooses not to participate can open a PRPP account by approaching a PRPP administrator directly.
Investment options in a PRPP are similar to those available in a registered pension plan.
Questions and answers
- Questions and answers for administrators
- Questions and answers for employers
- Questions and answers for employees and self-employed individuals
- Form RC364, Application to register a plan as a pooled registered pension plan
- RC364-CA, Application to Register a Pooled Pension Plan
- RC365, Pooled Registered Pension Plan Amendment Information
- RC365-CA, Pooled Registered Pension Plan Amendment Information
- RC368, Pooled Registered Pension Plan Annual Information Return
- RC368-CA, Pooled Registered Pension Plan Annual Information ReturnT3PRP
- T3PRP, T3 Pooled Registered Pension Plan Tax Return
- PRPP Information for Individuals
- Pooled Registered Pension Plan (PRPP) Contribution Receipt Return
- Registered Plans Administrators
- Date modified: