Keeping records

Records are accounting and other financial documents that are kept in an organized way.

If you are carrying on a business or engaged in a commercial activity in Canada, you are required by law to keep adequate records.

Your records have to provide enough details to determine your tax obligations and entitlements. Also, your records have to be supported by original documents.

Forms and publications

Related topics


Need assistance?

promotional imageIf you are unable to find the information you were looking for about this specific topic, please select the Contact us button.