Reprisal Complaints

You have the right to file a service complaint and request a formal review and to be confident the CRA will treat you impartially, and that you will receive the benefits, credits, and refunds you are entitled to, and pay no more and no less than what is required by law.

If you believe that you have been subject to reprisal, complete section 3 – Reprisal Complaint on Form RC193 Service-Related Complaint. Your complaint will be directly referred for investigation to a separate office located at CRA Headquarters. This will ensure that the investigation is conducted independently of the office associated with the complaint.

For more information about reprisal complaints, go to Right 16 in Guide RC17 Taxpayer Bill of Rights Guide: Understanding your rights as a taxpayer.




Related topics

Date modified: