Topics/services specifically for seniors. For topics of interest to everyone, see Individuals.
The CRA is offering a webinar for seniors called Seniors and Income Tax on Wednesday, February 25, 2015, from 1:00 p.m. to 1:45 p.m., Eastern time. This webinar is a live and interactive presentation intended to provide an introduction to key tax topics for seniors, such as what income is taxable, how to split pension income, how to stop contributing to the Canada Pension Plan, and what payment methods the CRA offers.
To register, go to the webinar registration webpage.
- Do you have to file a tax return?
- Paying your income tax by instalments
- Common types of income for seniors
- Common credits for seniors
- RRSP options when you turn 71
- Attendant care or care in an establishment claimed as medical expenses
- Pension income splitting
- Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF)
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- Canadian residents going down south
- Filing your tax return online
- View and update your Canada Pension Plan and Old age security information
- Non-resident seniors
- Tax treaties
- Old age security (OAS) benefits repayment
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP) contributions for CPP working beneficiaries
Guides, Forms and Publications
- British Columbia seniors' home renovation tax credit
- Ontario healthy homes renovation tax credit
- Ontario trillium benefit
- Ontario senior homeowners' property tax grant
- Seniors Canada
- Canada Pension Plan
- Quebec Pension Plan - Régie des rentes
- Old Age Security
- Veterans Affairs Canada
- Health Canada
- Passport Canada
- Date modified: