Topics/services specifically for students. For topics of interest to everyone, see Individuals.
- Filing your tax return and Filing by yourself ...what’s in it for me?
- Watch videos for students to learn about Canadian income taxes.
- Do you have to file a tax return?
Why file a return (even if you have no tax to pay)
- What do you include with your return and what records do you keep?
What documents do you include with your paper return.
- Common types of income for students
Scholarships, research grants, payments from an RESP, tips, and more.
- Common deductions and credits for students
Tuition, education, and textbook amounts, interest paid on student loans, moving expenses, and public transit amount.
Deductable moving expenses, change of address, and more.
- Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative
You may authorize a parent or another person to represent you or get information on your tax matters.
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
Get or provide help filing income tax returns
- Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB)
Find out if you qualify for the Canada Child Tax Benefit.
- Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB)
Find out if you qualify for the Universal Child Care Benefit.
- International students in Canada
If you are an international student studying in Canada, you may have to file a Canadian income tax return.
- Lifelong Learning Plan
Do you know you may be able to withdraw from your RRSP to finance your training or education?
- Learning About Taxes
Course designed to provide a basic knowledge and understanding of Canada's income tax system to individuals who are not familiar with this system.
Forms and publications
- Date modified: