Teaching Taxes introduces high school and post-secondary students to the basics of taxation. You can use it in economics, accounting, business, mathematics, consumer education, social studies, and second language courses.
Why teach taxes?
- why they pay taxes and how these taxes are used
- their rights and responsibilities as taxpayers
- about the relationship between working and paying taxes
- how to prepare a simple income tax return
The learning material
The learning material is flexible, easy to teach, and promotes and develops critical thinking. It consists of a teacher's manual and student workbook with 180 minutes of instruction and exercises, on the following:
- History of taxes in the world
- Canada's tax system and the Taxpayer Bill of Rights
- Understanding taxes
- Employment and taxes
- The income tax and benefit return
How to get the learning material
To get the learning material, complete the registration form at Teaching Taxes – download learning material.
If you are an educator, you can get printed student workbooks delivered to your school by going to Teaching Taxes – order printed learning material. Allow three to four weeks for delivery. Orders placed in December will be filled in mid-January.
For more information
- Date modified: