Business Registration Online – Eligibility
Conditions you need to meet
You can use Business Registration Online (BRO) if you have all of the following:
- a valid social insurance number (SIN)
- an income tax return filed with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Restrictions you need to know
You cannot use BRO if you have any of the following:
- an invalid SIN
- an income tax return was never filed with the CRA
- a GST/HST program account to register for:
- a business located in Quebec
- a non-resident business
- a bare trust to register
- a corporation income tax account to register for a business incorporated:
- federally with Industry Canada
- provincially in:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
What if you are not eligible?
To find out about other ways you can register, go to How to register.
To get a social insurance number, go to Social Insurance number – Overview (Service Canada).
You can find out if you have to file a tax return and how to get, complete, and send in a return at All about your tax return.
Guides and help
Related services and information
- Social Insurance number – Overview (Service Canada).
- Do you have to file a return?
- Charge the GST/HST
- Registering for GST/HST account
- Treatment of Bare trusts under the Excise Tax Act
- Date modified: