Business Number (BN) registration
The BN is a numbering system that simplifies and streamlines the way businesses deal with the federal government. It is based on the idea of one business, one number.
Not all businesses require a BN and CRA program accounts so it is important to read Do you need a program account before registering.
The CRA is requesting that all new registrations provide the Name and the Social Insurance Number (SIN) of at least one owner/director of the business and the Major Business Activity (MBA) when registering.
Forms and publications
- Booklet RC2, The Business Number and Your Canada Revenue Agency Program Accounts
- Form RC1, Request for a Business Number (BN)
- Form RC59, Business Consent Form
- Business Registration Online
- Business Start-Up Assistant
- Canada Business Network
- Related provincial and territorial government sites
- Industry Canada
- Converting the Filer Identification Number to the Business Number
- Date modified: