Making changes to a GST/HST account
On this page:
- How can you view or make changes to your GST/HST account?
- How do you open more locations, branches or divisions?
- How do you make other changes to your business account?
How can you view or make changes to your GST/HST account?
You may view or make changes to your accounting periods, reporting periods, or fiscal year online.
You can also make these changes by completing and sending us the appropriate form:
- accounting periods, use Form GST71, Notification of Accounting Periods
- reporting periods, use Form GST20, Election for GST/HST Reporting Period
- fiscal year, use Form GST70, Election or Revocation of an Election to Change a GST/HST Fiscal Year
How do you open more locations, branches or divisions?
Although you have to register your business as a single entity, you can apply to have your branches or divisions file their own returns. If you want to file separate GST/HST returns for your branches or divisions, use Form GST10, Application or Revocation of the Authorization to File Separate GST/HST Returns and Rebate Applications for Branches or Divisions.
More information is available on Opening more locations, branches or divisions.
How do you make other changes to your business account?
If you want to change other information related to your business account, such as your legal name, your address, or your telephone number, see Changes to your business.
- Date modified: