Input tax credits
As a GST/HST registrant, you may recover the GST/HST you paid or owe on purchases and expenses related to your commercial activities by claiming input tax credits (ITCs) on line 106 of your GST/HST return, or by claiming an ITC in the line 108 calculation if you are filing electronically.
Most GST/HST registrants will be required to file their GST/HST returns electronically. For more information, see Mandatory electronic filing of the GST/HST return (GST34).
- How to calculate your ITCs
- New registrants
- Taxable or exempt?
- Invoice requirements
- Time limits for claiming ITCs
- Simplified method to claim input tax credits
- Capital property
- Change in use rules for capital real property
- Change in use rules for capital personal property
- What to do if you incorrectly reported recaptured input tax credits
How to modify a previously filed GST/HST return.
- Temporary recapture of input tax credits requirement - Ontario and Prince Edward Island
Forms and publications
- GST/HST Memorandum 8-1, General Eligibility Rules
- GST/HST Memorandum 8-2, General Restrictions and Limitations
- Date modified: