GST/HST new housing rebate
On April 1, 2013, Prince Edward Island (PEI) harmonized its provincial sales tax with the GST to implement the harmonized sales tax at the rate of 14% (5% federal part and 9% provincial part).
As of April 1, 2013, the HST at the rate of 12% (5% federal part and 7% provincial part) no longer applies in British Columbia. The HST at the rate of 12% has been replaced by the GST at the rate of 5% and a provincial sales tax.
Direct deposit is a confidential, safe, convenient, dependable, and timesaving way to receive your GST/HST new housing rebate. For more information, see Form RC366, Direct Deposit Request for Businesses.
Forms and publications
- Guide RC4028, GST/HST New Housing Rebate
- Guide RC4052, GST/HST Information for the Home Construction Industry
- Form GST190, GST/HST New Housing Rebate Application for Houses Purchased from a Builder
- Form GST191, GST/HST New Housing Rebate Application for Owner-Built Homes
- Form GST 191-WS, Construction Summary Worksheet
- Form RC366, Direct Deposit Request for Businesses
- GST/HST Technical Information Bulletin B-092, Substantial Renovations and the GST/HST New Housing Rebate
- Date modified: