GST/HST and QST rebate for sponsors and organizers of foreign conventions
The following explains how to apply for a rebate of the GST/HST and Québec sales tax (QST) for sponsors and organizers of foreign conventions:
- Are you eligible for the rebate?
- Is your convention a foreign convention?
- How do you calculate your rebate?
- How do you claim your rebate?
- When do you file your return?
Forms and publications
- Guide RC4027, Doing Business in Canada - GST/HST Information for Non-Residents
- Guide RC4036, GST/HST Information for the Travel and Convention Industry
- Guide RC4160, Rebate for Tour Packages, Foreign Conventions, and Non-Resident Exhibitor Purchases
- Form GST386, Rebate Application for Conventions
- GST/HST Memorandum 27-2, Conventions
- BSF 5009, Canada's International Events and Convention Services Program
- GI-027, Foreign Convention and Tour Incentive Program - Sponsors of Domestic Conventions: Application of the GST/HST to Admissions Sold to Non-Residents
- GI-029, Foreign Convention and Tour Incentive Program - Sponsors of Foreign Conventions: What Is a Foreign Convention and Rebate for Purchases
- GI-030, Foreign Convention and Tour Incentive Program - Non-Registered Organizers of Foreign Conventions: Rebate for Purchases
- GI-031, Foreign Convention and Tour Incentive Program - Registrant Organizers and Convention Facility Operators: Paying and Crediting the Rebate Amount for Foreign Conventions
- Date modified: