Employment insurance (EI)

You have to deduct employment insurance (EI) premiums from an employee's insurable earnings if that employee is in insurable employment during the year.

Insurable employment includes most employment in Canada under a contract of service (employer-employee relationship).

There is no age limit for deducting EI premiums.

Forms and publications

Related topics


Date modified: