T4 - Information for employers

Generally, you need to fill out a T4 slip if you are an employer (resident or non-resident) and you paid your employees employment income, commissions, taxable allowances and benefits, fishing income, or any other remuneration. For more information, go to When to complete a T4 slip.

For amounts that should not be reported on a T4 slip, go to Exceptions.


If you are an employee who has not received your T4 slip or you have questions about amounts, contact your employer or go to Information slips – T4 and other slips.


Forms and publications

Related topics


Date modified: