Learn about payroll using multimedia
The Canada Revenue Agency wants to make sure you understand your payroll obligations. And it has several media options to help you do that. Choose the one that best meet your needs and learning preferences.
I want to...
Determine if I am an employer
- Video: Do I have employees/Am I an employer? | 2:18 min.
- Webinar: Employee or Self-employed? | 27:43 min.
Open a payroll account
- Video: Opening a payroll account | 2:49 min.
- Video: Paying and hiring new employees | 5:44 min.
- Video: Deducting Canada Pension Plan contributions, and employment insurance premiums | 10:26 min.
- Video: Calculating CPP contributions, EI premiums, and income tax deductions | 5:27 min.
- Video: Using the Payroll deductions online calculator | 5:28 min.
- Webinar: The bonus method | 36:21 min.
- Webinar: Changes to the Canada Pension Plan effective January 1, 2012 | 63:13 min.
Remit/send deductions and contributions
- Video: Remitting payroll deductions and choosing a payroll payment option | 9:25 min.
Complete and file information returns
- Series: Preparing T4 and T4A Information Returns-Slips and Summaries
- Webinar: Filing and beyond | 36:16 min.
I want to know more about...
- Series: Payroll Information for a New Small Business
- Webinar: How payroll works | 36:32 min.
- Webinar: Canadian withholding, remitting and reporting requirements for non-residents working in Canada and Canadians working abroad | 37:39 min.
- Webinar: Motor vehicle and automobile benefits and allowances | 46:20 min.
- Webinar: Parking policy | 26:45 min.
- Webinar: Gifts, Awards, and Long Service Awards | 21:09 min.
- Date modified: