Claiming capital cost allowance (CCA)

You might acquire a depreciable property such as a building, furniture, or equipment to use in your business or professional activities.

You cannot deduct the full cost of depreciable property when you calculate your net business or professional income for the year in which you acquired the property.

Instead, since these properties wear out or become obsolete over time, you can deduct their cost over a period of several years. This yearly deduction is called a capital cost allowance (CCA).


Forms and publications

Date modified: