Dates closed to the public in December 2016
Our offices will be closed on Monday, December 26, 2016 and on Tuesday, December 27, 2016. Our next business day will be Wednesday, December 28, 2016.
There are a number of dates during the year when specific forms or returns are due to be filed, or certain payments or remittances are due to be paid.
When a due date falls on a Saturday, a Sunday, or a holiday recognized by the CRA, special rules apply that relate to the next business day.
Public holidays for 2016
The holidays apply to all provinces and territories unless otherwise noted.
- New Year’s Day - January 1
- Bank holiday – January 4 (Quebec only)
- Family Day - February 8 (British Columbia only)
- Islander Day - February 15 (Prince Edward Island only)
- Heritage Day - February 15 (Nova Scotia only)
- Family Day - February 15 (Alberta, Ontario and Saskatchewan only)
- Louis Riel Day - February 15 (Manitoba only)
- Heritage Day - February 26 (Yukon only)
- Good Friday - March 25
- Easter Monday - March 28
- Victoria Day (National Patriots' Day in Quebec) - May 23
- National Aboriginal Day - June 21 (Northwest Territories only)
- Quebec's National Day - June 24 (Quebec only)
- Canada Day - July 1
- Nunavut Day - July 9 (Nunavut only)
- Civic Holiday - August 1 (All except Quebec and Yukon)
- Discovery Day - August 15 (Yukon only)
- Labour Day - September 5
- Thanksgiving Day - October 10
- Remembrance Day - November 11
- Christmas Day - December 25
- Boxing Day - December 26
- Date modified: