Frequently asked questions for individuals
Table of contents
- Getting an income tax return
- Before you file
- Where to mail a paper return
- After you file
- Programs and benefits
- About the tax system
Getting an income tax return
Before you file
- Is the 2015 General income tax and benefit package available on the CRA website?
- What is the deadline for making deductible registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) contributions for the 2015 tax year?
- When is your 2015 T1 return due?
- What if you don't have all your information slips?
- How do you get a social insurance number? (Service Canada website)
- What is the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program?
- How do you file a T1 return via the Internet using NETFILE?
- How do you file a T1 return electronically using EFILE?
- What are the average exchange rates?
- Why are some CRA forms unavailable on the website?
- Do you end up having to pay income tax when you file your tax return every year?
Where to mail a paper return
After you file
- How can you find out the status of your tax refund?
- How do you change your T1 return?
- How should you tell the CRA about your change of address?
- How should you tell the CRA about your change of name?
- What should you do if you owe taxes that you cannot pay right now?
- What's the penalty for missing the deadline to file your personal income tax return?
- What are the prescribed interest rates on overdue and overpaid taxes?
- How long should you keep your income tax records?
- Why do we review income tax returns?
Programs and benefits
- Does the CRA have FAQs about the Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB)?
- Does the CRA have FAQs about the GST/HST credit?
- Does the CRA have FAQs about the Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB)?
About the tax system
- Date modified: