Tax credits and deductions for persons with disabilities
The Disability Tax Credit Promoters Restrictions Act received Royal Assent on May 29, 2014. The Act limits fees that can be charged for helping to complete a disability tax credit request, and ensure that more money stays in the pockets of persons with disabilities and their caregivers who need it most.
The Canada Revenue Agency will hold public consultations in the coming months. You can request to be informed when the consultations will be scheduled.
Video series: Tax measures for persons with disabilities - Introduction
Tax credits and deductions are available for persons with disabilities, their supporting family members, and their caregivers.
I want information on:
- What can persons with disabilities claim as a deduction or credit?
- GST/HST Information - Goods and services that are exempt supplies or zero-rated for the GST/HST
- Excise gasoline tax refund
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
- Authorize or cancel a representative
- Services for persons with disabilities
- Date modified: