How to change your address

Go online

Use My Account and click on "Change my address."

Use the MyCRA mobile application and select "Manage contact info."


Call 1-800-959-8281.

Before you call, see the Getting or changing personal tax information section to know what information you should have on hand.

Mail or fax

Send one of these to your tax centre:

You can change someone else’s address at the same time as yours, such as your spouse’s or common-law partner’s. If this is the case, your letter must include their name, social insurance number, and signature.

Why is it important?

If you give us your new address, you can avoid delays in benefit payments you may be receiving, such as the:


We will not forward your new information to other government departments, except Elections Canada if you authorized us to on your return. Contact other departments or organizations directly to give them your new address.


Forms and publications

Date modified: