How to change your address
Use My Account and click on "Change my address."
Use the MyCRA mobile application and select "Manage contact info."
Before you call, go to Getting or changing personal tax information to find out what information you should have on hand.
Mail or fax
Send one of these to your tax centre:
- a completed Form RC325, Address change request
- a signed letter that includes your social insurance number, new address, and moving date
You can change someone else’s address at the same time as yours, such as your spouse’s or common-law partner’s. If this is the case, your letter must include their name, social insurance number, and signature.
Why is it important?
If you give us your new address, you can avoid delays in benefit payments you may be receiving, such as the:
- GST/HST credit payments (including any related provincial credits)
- universal child care benefit
- Canada child tax benefit payments (including related provincial or territorial payments)
- working income tax benefit (WITB) advance payments
We will not forward your new information to other government departments, except Elections Canada if you authorized us to on your return. Contact other departments or organizations directly to give them your new address.
Forms and publications
- Date modified: