How and where do you make your instalment payments?

Each instalment reminder package we send includes Form INNS3, Instalment Remittance Voucher, unless you pay your instalments through pre-authorized debit. Form INNS3 includes two tear-off voucher sections. You can order additional vouchers online through My Account, or by phone through our automated TIPS line at 1-800-267-6999.

You can choose any of the following methods to make your payments.

Electronically - You may be able to pay electronically through your financial institution's online or telephone banking services and you may be able to schedule post-dated payments. See Make a payment or contact your financial institution to see which services they offer.

At your financial institution - You can make your payment at any Canadian chartered bank, caisse populaire, or credit union. However, the institution will only accept your payment if you have Form INNS3 from the Canada Revenue Agency. The teller will stamp the Form INNS3 and give it to you as a receipt.

My Payment - You can make payments online, using the Canada Revenue Agency's Web site, from an account at a participating Canadian financial institution. For more information, see My Payment.

By pre-authorized debit - You can have your instalment payments debited from your bank account. Set up a pre-authorized debit (PAD) at your convenience through My Account. For more information, see Pre-authorized debit.


Your pre-authorized debit will remain in effect until you cancel it, even if the instalments are paid
in full.

Any change can take up to 30 days to process.

By Mail - You can send a cheque (post-dated cheques accepted) or money order payable to the Receiver General and a completed voucher section of Form INNS3 to:

Canada Revenue Agency
875 Heron Road
Ottawa ON  K1A 1B1

Write your social insurance number on the back of your cheque or money order to help us process your payment correctly.

Forms and publications

Date modified: