Payment arrangements


Tax Tip 

Even if you cannot pay all of your balance owing right away, file your return by the filing due date. Then you will not have to pay a penalty for filing your return after the due date. For more information, see Interest and penalties.

If you cannot pay your balance owing on or before April 30, 2015, we will accept a payment arrangement only after you have reasonably tried to get the necessary funds by borrowing or rearranging your financial affairs. If the CRA agrees that you are unable to make a full payment, an agent can develop a plan with you to help you pay your taxes. Call us at 1-888-863-8657 to discuss a payment arrangement. Our agents are available Monday to Friday (except holidays) from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern time.

You can make a payment arrangement through our TeleArrangement service by calling 1-866-256-1147. To use this service, you will need to provide your social insurance number, your date of birth, and the amount you entered on line 150 from your last return for which you received a notice of assessment. TeleArrangement is available Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Eastern time.

You can also set up a pre-authorized debit agreement (PAD) at your convenience through My Account. For more information, see Pre-authorized debit.

If you do not deal promptly with your tax arrears, the CRA can take serious measures including legal action such as garnishing your income or your bank account or initiating other legal action such as seizing and selling your assets.

For more information, see When you owe money – collections at the CRA.

Forms and publications

Related topics

Date modified: