Line 210 - Deduction for elected split-pension amount

If you (the pensioner) and your spouse or common law partner (the pension transferee) have jointly elected to split your eligible pension income by completing Form T1032, Joint Election to Split Pension Income, you (Pensioner) can deduct on this line the elected split-pension amount from line G of Form T1032.

File Form T1032 by your filing due date for the year. This form must be completed, signed and attached to both your and your spouse's or common-law partner's paper returns. The information provided on the forms must be the same. If you are filing electronically, keep your election form in case we ask to see it at a later date.


Only one joint election can be made for a tax year. If both you and your spouse or common-law partner have eligible pension income, you will have to decide if you are splitting your pension income or your spouse's or common-law partner's pension income.

Under certain circumstances, we may allow you to make a late or amended election, or revoke an original election. For more information, see How do you split your pension income.

Forms and publications

Related topics

Date modified: