Lines 217 and 228 - Business investment loss
If you had a business investment loss in 2013, you can deduct 1/2 of the loss from income. The amount of loss you can deduct from your income is called your allowable business investment loss (ABIL).
Completing your tax return
On line 228, enter the gross business investment loss from line A of Chart 6.
On line 217, enter your allowable business investment loss from line D of Chart 6.
Forms and publications
- Guide T4037, Capital Gains
- Form T1A, Request for Loss Carryback
- IT232, Losses - Their deductibility in the loss year or in other years
- IT419, Meaning of arm's length
- IT484, Business investment losses
- Line 252 - Non-capital losses of other years
- Line 253 - Net capital losses of other years
- Summary of loss application rules
- Date modified: