Line 219 - Moving expenses

You can claim eligible moving expenses if :

  • you move and establish a new home to work or run a business at a new location; or 
  • you move to take courses as a student in full-time attendance enrolled in a post-secondary program at a university, college or other educational institution.

To qualify, your new home must be at least 40 kilometres (by the shortest usual public route) closer to the new place of work or school.

Forms and publications

Related topics

Date modified: