Line 219 – Moving expenses
You can claim eligible moving expenses if:
- you moved and established a new home to work or run a business at a new location; or
- you moved to be a student in full-time attendance in a post-secondary program at a university, college or other educational institution.
To qualify, your new home must be at least 40 kilometres (by the shortest usual public route) closer to your new work or school.
Forms and publications
- General Income Tax and Benefit Package – Guide, Return, and Schedules
- Form T1-M, Moving Expenses Deduction
- Income Tax Folio S1-F3-C4, Moving Expenses
- Date modified: