Line 254 - Capital gains deduction
If you have capital gains arising from the disposition of certain properties, you may be eligible for the cumulative capital gains deduction, and may be able to reduce your taxable income. This section provides information on the deduction.
- Which gains are eligible?
The capital gains must arise from the disposition of qualified property.
- Who is eligible to claim the capital gains deduction?
Canadian residents are eligible. Read more.
- What is the deduction limit?
How is it calculated, how much can you claim?
- How do you claim the deduction?
Completing the appropriate forms and your tax return.
Forms and publications
- Guide T4037, Capital Gains
- General Income Tax and Benefit Guide
- Form T657, Calculation of Capital Gains Deduction for 2015
- Form T936, Calculation of Cumulative Net Investment Loss (CNIL) to December 31, 2015
- Date modified: