Line 301 - Age amount

You can claim this amount if you were 65 years of age or older on December 31, 2014, and your net income (line 236 of your return) is less than $80,980.

If your net income was:

Enter your date of birth in the "Information about you" area on page 1 of your return.

Remember to claim the corresponding provincial or territorial non-refundable tax credit to which you are entitled, on line 5808 of your provincial or territorial Form 428.


Specific rules apply to claims for this amount if you were bankrupt during the year (read the section on bankruptcy in Interpretation Bulletin IT513, Personal Tax Credits) or if you became or ceased to be a resident of Canada for income tax purposes in the year (go to either Pamphlet T4055, Newcomers to Canada or Leaving Canada (emigrants), whichever applies).

Tax Tip

You may be able to transfer all or part of your age amount to your spouse or common-law partner or to claim all or part of his or her age amount. For more information, go to Line 326 - Amounts transferred from your spouse or common-law partner.

Forms and publications

Related topics

Date modified: