Line 316 – Disability amount for self
If you are eligible for the disability tax credit, you may be able to claim the disability amount of $8,001 on line 316 of your tax return.
If you or anyone else paid for attendant care or for care in an establishment, special rules may apply. For more information, see Attendant care or care in an establishment.
Supplement for persons under 18
If you qualify for the disability amount and were under 18 years of age at the end of the year, you can claim up to an additional $4,667. This supplement may be reduced if, in 2016:
- someone claimed child care expenses (line 214) for you of their return or attendant care expenses for you on line 330 or 331 of Schedule 1
- you claimed attendant care expenses on line 215 of your return or on line 330 of Schedule 1
Complete the chart for line 316 on the federal worksheet to calculate your claim.
Forms and publications
- General Income Tax and Benefit Package for 2016 – Guide, Returns, Schedules
- Guide RC4064, Disability-Related Information
- Form T2201, Disability Tax Credit Certificate
- Guide RC4460, Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP)
- Date modified: