You can claim only one textbook amount for each month that you qualify for the full-time or the part-time education amounts.
You can claim the textbook amount only if you can claim the education amount.
The amount is:
- $65 times the amount in Box C of the certificate you received from your school; or
- $20 times the amount in Box B of the certificate you received from your school.
Completing your tax return
You must complete schedule 11 to calculate your textbook amount.
Supporting documents – If you are filing a paper return, attach a completed Schedule 11. Keep all your official receipts issued by your school and any other forms in case we ask to see them. If you are filing electronically, keep all of your documents in case we ask to see them. For more information, please consult E-services for individuals.
Forms and publications
- General Income Tax and Benefit Guide
- Guide P105, Students and Income Tax
- Folio S1-F2-C1: Education and Textbook Tax Credits
- Date modified: