These passes must allow unlimited travel within Canada on:
- local buses;
- commuter trains;
- commuter buses;
- local ferries.
You can also claim the cost of:
- Short-term passes if:
- each pass entitles you to unlimited travel for at least 5 consecutive days; and
- you buy enough of these passes for unlimited travel for at least 20 days in any 28-day period.
- Electronic payment cards if:
- the card is used to make at least 32 one-way trips over a maximum of 31 consecutive days; and
- the card is issued by a public transit authority that records and provides a receipt for the cost and usage of the card.
Ride/trip passes are not eligible for this credit as they do not provide for unlimited travel.
Forms and publications
If you are unable to find the information you were looking for about this specific topic, please select the Contact us button.
- Date modified: