Line 369 – Home buyers' amount
You can claim $5,000 for the purchase of a qualifying home in 2016 if both of the following apply:
- you or your spouse or common-law partner acquired a qualifying home; and
- you did not live in another home owned by you or your spouse or common-law partner in the year of acquisition or in any of the four preceding years (first-time home buyer).
- Qualifying home
Find out if your home qualifies.
- Persons with disabilities
You do not have to be a first-time home buyer.
- Completing your tax return
How to claim the home buyers' amount.
Forms and publications
- General Income Tax and Benefit Package – Guide, Returns, Schedules
- Form T2201, Disability Tax Credit Certificate
- Date modified: