Line 437 - Total income tax deducted
Income tax deducted at source will be shown on the following information slips:
- T4, Statement of Remuneration Paid
- T4A, Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income
- T4A(OAS), Statement of Old Age Security
- T4A(P), Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits
- T4A-RCA, Statement of Distributions from a Retirement Compensation Arrangement (RCA)
- T4E, Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefits
Completing your tax return
Claim the total of all the amounts shown in the "Income tax deducted" box from all of your Canadian information slips.
If you were not a resident of Quebec on December 31, 2014, but you had Quebec provincial income tax withheld from your income, also include those amounts on this line and attach your provincial information slips with your paper return.
If you were a resident of Quebec on December 31, 2014, do not include on this return any of your Quebec provincial income tax deducted.
If you and your spouse or common-law partner elected to split pension income, follow the instructions at Step 5 on Form T1032, Joint Election to Split Pension Income, to calculate the amount to enter on line 437 of your and your spouse's or common-law partner's returns.
Forms and publications
- General Income Tax and Benefit Package - Guide, return and schedules
- Form T1032, Joint Election to Split Pension Income
- Form T2209, Federal Foreign Tax Credits
- Date modified: